Font size: [A] [A] [A]
How to get your notice in The Daily News
All calendar items must be sent by email ONLY. Nothing sent by fax, telephone or regular mail can be printed. Email email@example.com. Call 774-8772 ext. 4138 for information.
St. Thomas-St. John
Alcoholics Anonymous: Alcoholics Anonymous meets every day on all three islands. For information, call 776-5283.
Rotary Clubs: Rotary Club of St. Thomas Sunrise meets at 7:15 a.m. Tuesday in the meeting room at Windward Passage Hotel.
- Rotary Club of Charlotte Amalie meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Windward Passage Hotel.
- Rotary Club of St. Thomas II meets at 12:15 p.m. Wednesday at Aquaterra at Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort.
- Rotary Club East meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Bolongo Bay Beach Resort.
- Rotary Club of St. Thomas meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursday in the Aqua Terra Room at Marriott's Frenchman's Reef Beach Resort.
- Rotary Club of St. John meets at 12:30 p.m. today at The Beach Front Cafe at The Westin Resort.
- Rotary St. Thomas II hosts a radio show from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday on Radio One AM 1000. To be a special guest on the show, call 998-0271.
Sickle Cell meeting: The Sickle Cell Disease Association Support Group meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in Schneider Hospital's sun room. Call 998-5256 for information.
Back to School with Dad: The Department of Human Services Head Start Program holds a Back to School with Dad Day on Sept. 4. The school day starts at 7:30 a.m. for extended day students and 7:45 for full day students. Contact Head Start at 774-0930 for more information.
Band Boosters: The Ivanna Eudora Kean High School Band Boosters will meet at 6 p.m. Sept. 5 in the school's band room.
NAMI: The National Alliance on Mental Illness will meet at 6 p.m. Sept. 5 in the second floor conference room of Schneider Hospital. Call 626-5345 for information.
Eta Phi Beta Sorority: The Alpha Chi Chapter of Eta Phi Beta Sorority will host its annual Grandparents Day luncheon on Sept. 9 at Pilgrim's Terrace. Call Angelitam Jennings at 779-2810 for more information.
Sign language classes: The V.I. University Center for Excellence on Developmental Disabilities will offer level I and level II classes in American Sign Language from Sept. 10 to Nov. 15. Call 693-1173 for information.
Community day: The Body, Mind, Spirit Fair will be held from noon to 6 p.m. Sept. 22 at Magens Bay. Natural holistic healers will be offering their services and food will be available for purchase until 5 p.m. Beginning at 4 p.m., participants are invited to join the Global Mala Yoga for Peace event, where thousands of yogis worldwide will be performing 108 Sun Salutations for peace. Proceeds will be donated to Ananda Nilayam, Center for Consciousness. Contact Jennie Alvarez at 643-7758.
Walk for Wishes: The Make A Wish Foundation will hold a "Walk For Wishes" on Sept. 29 at Yacht Haven Grande. Contact Meagan Malo at 513-8213 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.usvi.wish.org for information.
Alternative movie night: Sevenminusseven presents a free movie night at 7 p.m. every Wednesday evening. Film selections are foreign, art and independent films. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Call 267-424-4699 or email email@example.com for more information.
Adult Education Center: Reading classes are available from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Adult Education Center on Garden Street. Call 227-5295 for information.
- PRE-GED/GED Prep/ESL courses are available at the Adult Education Center on Garden Street Mondays thru Fridays during the day or Monday thru Thursday evenings at Lockhart Elementary School.
Inter-agency Advocacy Group: The Inter-agency Advocacy Group for individuals with disabilities is seeking individuals with moderate to severe disabilities who may be in need of help. Contact Belinda West-O'Neal at 774-1662 or 513-8884 or Lawrence Street at 774-4399 ext. 2230 for information
Dementia care: Nightingale Wings on St. Thomas provides informative workshops on dementia care from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Confidential memory screenings also available. For information, call 715-5333.
Teenagers Bible Club: The Teenagers Bible Club helps people learn a new language - French, Spanish, Haitian Creole or English. Contact Teenagers Bible Club at 774-0884 or 774-6640 for information
Sign language classes: The V.I. University Center for Excellence on Developmental Disabilities will offer level I and level II classes in American Sign Language from Sept. 10 to Nov. 15. Call 692-4266 for information.
Dream Group: The Dream Group is free and open to anyone who would like help in manifesting their dreams. Meetings are held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Mondays at The Sanctuary in downtown Christiansted. For information and directions, call 513-9555.
Alcoholics Anonymous: Alcoholics Anonymous meets every day on all three islands. For information, call 776--5283.
Narcotics Anonymous: Narcotics Anonymous meets four days a week in the Lutheran parish hall in Christiansted. Call 719-3058, 692-9963 or 773-7689 for information.
Women's Coalition of St. Croix: Donations of gently used clothes, shoes, yoga mats, household items and furniture are in need. Drop them off at Closet to Closet, 15 Peter's Rest, Christiansted, the crisis center at 45 Fisher Street, Christiansted, or the Children's Center at 13 AB King Cross Street in Christiansted.
- Volunteers needed at Closet to Closet thrift shop. Come on Volunteer Mondays to see what we are all about. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The coalition offers parenting classes in English and Spanish.
- Support groups for domestic violence and adult incest survivors are available in English and Spanish. For information, call 773-2503.
Toastmasters Club: The St. Croix Toastmasters Club 933 meets from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on the first and third Monday of the month at Luis Hospital. For information, call 778-6246 or 773-8582.
Rotary Clubs: Rotary West Community Center in Frederiksted is available for all business and social events. Call Clifford Christian at 772-2505 for information.
- Rotary Mid Isle meets at 7 a.m. Wednesday at Gertrude's Restaurant.
- Rotary Club of St. Croix will meet at noon Thursday at Reminisce Restaurant. Reuben Dowling will be the speaker.