Published: August 13, 2010
Font size: [A] [A] [A]
Junior high schools
Elena Christian, Arthur Richards and John Woodson junior high schools will hold orientation from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Aug. 24.
All new and returning seventh and eighth grade students are to report accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Fees for insurance and IDs will be collected at $15 each.
St. Croix Education Complex
• Aug. 23 — Administrators return & meeting
• 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 24 — 12th grade orientation
• 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Aug. 25 — faculty & staff general session
Administrative departmental meetings:
Session I — 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
Session II —11:20 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.
Lunch — 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Session III — 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Department chair meeting with teachers — 2:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
• 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 26 — 11th grade orientation
• 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 26 — 10th grade orientation
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 27 — ninth grade orientation
• Aug. 30 — First day of classes
• 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Aug. 24 — 12th grade
• 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 24 — 11th grade
• 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Aug. 26 — 10th grade
• 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 26 — complete 10th, 11th, 12th grades
• 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Aug. 27, 2010 — ninth grade
• Aug. 30 — All students will report for the first day of classes.
for St. Croix public schools:
Late registration for the 2010-2011 school year begins on Aug. 17. Registration will be conducted from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Office of Pupil Personnel Services located at the Theodora Dunbavin Complex in La Grande Princesse.
Parents wishing to register a child are required to provide the following:
1. Original Birth Certificate;
2. V.I. Immunization Card with attached Health Clearance form from the Charles Harwood Clinic;
3. Social Security Card;
4. Proof of Physical Address - official document showing name and street address (i.e. Driver’s License, Voter’s ID, WAPA bill); and an
5. Affidavit of Legal Guardianship if student does not reside with parent(s).
All documents must be available at registration time in order to process.
To enter kindergarten a child must be 5 years of age by Dec. 31, 2010.
Students will not be registered without the presentation of a V.I. Immunization Card with the attached blue clearance form issued at the immunization clinic.
For more information, contact the Office of Pupil Personnel Services at 718-9671.
St. Thomas orientation schedule
Primary students in kindergarten through third grades will report for orientation at the following times:
• 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Aug. 27 — All kindergarten, first and second and third grade students will report.
• 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. — All fourth, fifth and sixth grade students will report.
• Aug. 30 — All students of the Joseph Sibilly Elementary School must report to school for a full day, beginning at 7:50 a.m. and ending at 2:30 p.m. Breakfast will be served at 7:30 a.m.
• All students attending the Leonard Dober Elementary School are to report to the school at 7:50 a.m. Aug. 30.
There will be a meeting for all new students and their parents/guardians at 8:10 a.m. in the Art room. Parents and/or guardians should bring their child’s immunization card, the confirmed registration slip and $20 to pay for the physical education uniform.
• Parents of students who will be attending the Ulla Muller Elementary School for the 2010-2011 school year are advised that physical education uniforms will be available for purchase from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 16-20 in the Counselor’s Office.
For more information, contact Ms. Christmas or Ms. Thomas on Aug. 16 at the school at 774-0059.
Bertha C. Boschulte
Mandatory orientation sessions have been scheduled for all students as follows:
• 5:30 p.m. Aug. 25 — sixth gradee
• 5:30 p.m. Aug. 26 — seventh grade
• 5:30 p.m. Aug. 27 — eighth grade
Students must be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian and dressed in full uniform. Parents must be prepared to complete a parent contact form and emergency information form, and submit a copy of their child’s immunization card before schedules are distributed. In addition, be prepared to make payments for school insurance, IDs and physical education uniforms.
Junior high schools
Orientation will be held on the following dates:
• 1:30 p.m. Aug. 25 — All eighth graders
• 8 a.m. Aug. 27 — All seventh graders with last names beginning in A-H
• 11 a.m. Aug. 27 — All seventh graders with last names beginning in I -Z
Students attending orientation must bring a copy of their updated immunization card to orientation and be fully attired in the school’s uniform.
All students who attended orientation will report for a full day of instruction on Aug. 30. Students who are unable to attend the originally scheduled orientation sessions will report to school for orientation at 9 a.m. Sept. 1 in the school’s cafeteria.
Ivanna Eudora Kean
• ID photos will be taken as follows:
Ninth grade (mandatory):
• 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Aug. 18 — Last names beginning with A-H
• 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Aug. 19 — Last names beginning with I-P
• 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Aug. 20 — Last names beginning with R-Z
Tenth, 11th and 12th grades:
• 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Aug. 23
Orientations will be held as follows:
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 24 — 12th graders
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 25 — 11th graders
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 26 — 10th graders
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 27 — New and repeating 9th graders
All students, new and returning, can pay fees, take ID photos, and present immunization information between Aug. 16 and 18 in order to expedite matters and avoid delays during orientation.
The schedule is as follows:
All new ninth graders will report to take photographs for their school identification cards according to the first letter of the last name. Students must wear the uniform shirt. The schedule is as follows:
• 8 a.m. Aug. 16 — Last names A-F
• Noon Aug. 16 — Last names G-M
• 8 a.m. Aug. 17 — Last names N-S
• Noon Aug. 17 — Last names T-Z
• 8 a.m. Aug. 18 — All returning students who require a permanent school ID.
In an effort to expedite matters and avoid delays during orientation, new and returning students are encouraged to use these three days to present a photocopy of their updated immunization record and be able to pay the following fees: $15 for ID, $15 for school accident insurance, $10 for PTSA dues and $5 for an assignment book — ninth graders only.
Students who do not wish to purchase accident insurance must present a photocopy of an insurance card (front and back) on which they are covered.
Orientation and class schedule distribution will take place at Charlotte Amalie High School on Aug. 23, 24 and 30 in the school’s Ruth E. Thomas Auditorium. Students must report in proper school uniform accompanied by their parents according to the outlined schedule. Attendance is mandatory.
The orientation schedule is:
• 8 a.m. Aug. 23 — All ninth graders with last names A-L