Columbus Day closures
Font size: [A] [A] [A]
Columbus Day is a federal holiday observed each year in recognition of Christopher Columbus' arrival in the Americas on Oct. 12, 1492.
What's closed for the holiday on Monday:
- All public and private schools are closed.
- All local and federal government offices are closed.
- All banks are closed.
- All post offices are closed.
- V.I. Water and Power Authority is closed.
- Innovative business offices are open.
- University of the Virgin Islands is open.
- The V.I. Superior Court, V.I. Supreme Court and District Court are closed.
- The Daily News' offices are open for regular business.