Man recovering from injuries suffered in machete attack
Published: February 5, 2013
Font size: [A] [A] [A]
ST. CROIX - A 44-year old man still is recovering from injuries after another man attacked him with a machete on Saturday afternoon.
V.I. Police spokeswoman Melody Rames said Monday that the man was injured on his face and hand when another man struck him several times just after 4 p.m. with a machete in Estate Hogensborg.
The man told police that he was at the service station in the area when a man armed with a machete approached him and began striking him with it.
He said he managed to get away from the attacker and was treated for cuts to his face, left hand and left index finger at Luis Hospital, police said.
As of Monday, no arrest had been made, and the attack was classified as a first-degree assault.
Anyone with information about the assault can call police at 911 or call the confidential tip line at Crime Stoppers USVI at 1-800-222-8477.
- Contact reporter Fiona Stokes at 714-9149 or email email@example.com.