SNP releases food distribution schedule
Published: August 1, 2014
Font size: [A] [A] [A]
The Virgin Islands Education Department's Special Nutrition Programs will distribute U.S. Department of Agriculture commodities to eligible persons this month.
The distribution schedule is:
- On St. Thomas - From 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 9 for senior citizens and disabled persons only at the Lockhart Elementary School cafeteria. On Aug. 10, distribution will continue at the same site for all other eligible persons on St. Thomas from 7 a.m. until supplies are depleted.
- On St. John - From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 16 at the Julius E. Sprauve School cafeteria.
- On St. Croix - From 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 23 at the Charles H. Emanuel School cafeteria for senior citizens and disabled persons only, and to other qualified persons on Aug. 24 until supplies last.
Individuals or heads of households eligible to receive the commodities must be identified as needy by meeting one of the following criteria:
- A person or head of household whose gross family income does not exceed the 185 percent of the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines for July 1, 2014, thru June 30, 2015.
- A person or head of household who is a client of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP); the Medical Assistance Program; or a tenant of subsidized public housing.
Proper identification must be presented to receive commodities, and people completing the self-certification form should be prepared to provide information relative to their income. If satisfactory information is not provided at the distribution site persons will not receive commodity packages.
Distribution packages will be limited to one per household. Recipients should bring sturdy boxes or bags to assist with the transport of the food packages.
For more information, contact Correy Lettsome at 774-0100 ext. 2818.