St. Thomas woman wins new Jeep in Rotary raffle
Published: July 4, 2014
Font size: [A] [A] [A]
ST. THOMAS - Rotary Club of St. Thomas II announced the winners of its annual raffle, proceeds of which go to a number of local organizations.
The grand prize in the raffle was a Jeep Cherokee Latitude and Rotary II raised more than $20,000.
The raffle proceeds will fund a four-year scholarship to the University of the Virgin Islands, and other money will go toward the literacy program at Lockhart Elementary School and the organization's adopt school Addelita Cancryn Junior High School.
Additionally, Rotary II made donations to local charities and other organizations, including My Brother's Workshop; the American Cancer Society; Catholic Charities; the Civil Air Patrol; the Family Resource Center; HOPE Inc.; the Junior Ecology and Gardening Academy; the Practice Peace Initiative; the Salvation Army; and United Way.
The raffle winners are:
- Carol Serge - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude.
- Roberto Tirado - Cruise for two from West Indian Company Ltd.
- Mike Slakey - $1,500 cash.
- Joel Potter - Five-night stay for two at Marriott's Frenchman's Reef Beach Resort.
- Dr. Bert Petersen - $500 Cash from Merchants Commercial Bank.
- Tiffany Buchanan - $500 food basket from Cost-U-Less.
- Nejeh Yusef - Three-day, two-night stay at Sugar Bay Beach Resort.
- Deepak Samtani - $250 gift certificate from Asfour Department Store.
- Mary Jo Williams - $250 Gift Certificate from Asfour Department Store.
- A. Chinnery - One round-trip ticket to Tortola from Smith's Ferry Services.