Waste Management OKs contracts
Published: April 24, 2014
Font size: [A] [A] [A]
ST. THOMAS - The V.I. Waste Management Authority board met Wednesday to approved a number of contracts and amended existing contracts.
The board reported out a number of poll votes, all of which were approved unanimously.
Poll voting is done when action must be taken on a matter prior to the next scheduled board meeting. The board did not meet in the month of March, so several actions were taken via poll vote that month.
The board approved:
- A retroactive amendment to a contract with Alnico Industrial Services to extend the term through Jan. 31, 2014, and to add $108,604 for services rendered at the LBJ Pump Station.
- An amendment to a contract with Alnico Industrial Services for an additional one-year term not to exceed $48,000 to provide continued safety training and consulting, retroactive for the period from Dec. 14, 2013 to Dec. 14, 2014.
- A retroactive amendment to a contract with DMC Construction to extend the term of the contract through Jan. 31, 2014, and to add $64,027.50 for services rendered for Mon Bijou collection system upgrades.
- An amendment to a contract with Elvis Pemberton to provide engineering and construction administration services from Jan. 1 to Jan. 1, 2015 in an amount not to exceed $95,896.
- A $76,842.82 contract with Heavy Materials to supply 22,000 tons of fill material to construct a berm at Bovoni Landfill.
- A retroactive amendment to a contract with Industrial Equipment Company to extend it through Jan. 31, 2014, and to add $13,690.
- A $315,000 one-year supply contract with K&K Environmental to provide the St. Croix Transfer Station with plastic and wire to continue baling and wrapping.
- An amendment to a contract with Oasis Consulting Services for construction oversight of the west berm at Bovoni Landfill not to exceed $62,000.
- A retroactive amendment to the contract with OTL Mechanical to extend the term to Jan. 31, 2014, and add $10,191.27 for services rendered for Christiansted collection system upgrades.
- An amendment to a contract with Penn's Trucking Services to extend the term from Jan. 2 through Sept. 30 for hauling waste from St. John on the barge at a cost not to exceed $1,145,500.
- An $80,950 contract with Restovic Engineering to develop the wastewater collection system emergency response plan and maintenance plan.
- A $2,355,850 contract with SD&C for Phases 3 and 4 of the Krause Lagoon Intercepter and Figtree Sewer Line Rehabilitation Project.
- A retroactive $138,000 payment to A-9 Trucking for services rendered at the landfill between March 2011 and April 2011.
- Renewing a one-year contract with Paul Kalloo for engineering services at a cost not to exceed $66,888.
- A three-year contract for scrap metal management in the St. Thomas-St. John District by V.I. Recycling for a cost not to exceed $2,933,366.84.
- A retroactive $95,650 payment to V.I. Recycling for services rendered for scrap metal management from March 2012 through May 2012.