What's closed for Columbus Day
Font size: [A] [A] [A]
Columbus Day is a federal holiday observed each year in recognition of Christopher Columbus' arrival in the Americas on Oct. 12, 1492.
What's closed for the holiday on Monday
- Schools: All public and private schools will be closed.
- Government: All local and federal government offices will be closed.
- Banks: Banks will be closed.
- Post offices: Counter service will be closed, but lobbies will remain open for checking boxes.
- Utilities: The V.I. Water and Power Authority's and Innovative business offices will be closed.
- University: Classes will be held on both campuses of the University of the Virgin Islands.
- Courts: Superior Court, Supreme Court and District Court will be closed.
- Many private offices will be closed, but most supermarkets will be open.
- The Daily News' offices will be open for regular business, and the newspaper will be published and distributed on its regular schedule.